Last week, Commissioner of Public Lands Peter Goldmark honored five DNR employees nominated by their coworkers for outstanding efforts on the job in 2012. At a brief ceremony in the Natural Resources Building in Olympia, Goldmark presented Annual Commissioner’s Awards to:
- Alex Nagygyor (Engineering and General Services Division) for leadership that improved DNR’s management of roads and other forest activities.
- Chris Rasor (Pacific Cascade Region) for innovations that helped DNR replant more trees more efficiently in southwest Washington.
- Dan Omdal (Resource Protection Division) for public service outreach and effectively sharing his technical knowledge of forest entomology with small forest landowners and other government agencies.
- Michele Zukerberg (South Puget Sound Region) for her leadership of several successful Puget Sound recovery efforts, including ecological restoration at Woodard Bay and Stavis Natural Resources Conservation Areas.
- Brad Pruitt (Aquatic Resources Division) for improving safety training and procedures for the DNR employees whose jobs include operating boats.
Commissioner Goldmark implemented the annual awards program in 2010 to recognize the DNR employees who make outstanding efforts at work, achieve positive results, and adopt successful, creative approaches to getting their jobs done. Nominations are submitted by DNR employees.
Stop in at DNR’s Facebook page to congratulate Chris and the other winners for helping make DNR a safer, and more efficient and responsive public agency.
|Follow DNR on:|