Knotweed! Purple loosestrife! Spartina! Oh, my!
County weed boards, lake districts and other local government entities outside the greater Puget Sound area* can qualify for $10,000 to $50,000 in grant funding to survey, control and/or eradicate invasive aquatic plants
The grant funding is available through DNR’s Aquatic Resources Division. Project proposals must include elements that directly benefit state-owned aquatic lands, which DNR manages.
DNR will consider proposals for:
- Direct removal of invasive species.
- On-the-ground treatments.
- On-the-ground surveys.
- Purchase of chemicals and other supplies for use during the 2014 growing season.
- Cooperative planning efforts.
- Partial partnership match for existing invasive species control projects.
- Developing integrated pest/weed management strategies.
The one-time grant funding is available only through the 2013-2015 biennium, ending June 30, 2015.
The deadline to submit Requests for Proposals is February 14, 2014.
To view and submit an RFP, log in to Washington’s Electronic Business Solutions (WEBS). Once logged in, click the “Search Opportunities” link on the left-hand side. Follow the screen prompts to view a list of bidding opportunities, and then select the title to view details of the RFP.
Often, questions arise during the RFP process. DNR will compile responses to questions we receive by February 7. This information will be available at: www.dnr.wa.gov/Publications/aqr_rfp_qa_invasive021214.pdf
For more information, contact Carol Piening, DNR, 360-740-6808 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Adams, Asotin, Benton, Chelan, Clark, Columbia, Cowlitz, Douglas, Ferry, Franklin, Garfield, Grant, Grays Harbor, Kittitas, Klickitat, Lewis, Lincoln, Okanogan, Pacific, Pend Oreille, Skamania, Spokane, Stevens, Thurston, Wahkiakum, Walla Walla, Whitman, Yakima.
|Follow DNR on:|