Did you know that you can take all of Elbe Hills and Tahoma state forests’ trails with you – wherever you go? With our free geo-referenced map, you can easily navigate the 50,000-acre forests’ trails with your smartphone. Using the free Avenza PDF Maps app, watch along as the map pinpoints your location. Even without cell service the map will continue to work using your phone’s GPS chip. We suggest also having a backup printed map with you.
Ready to give it a try? Follow the steps below:
- Download the free Avenza PDF Maps app to your phone.
- Open the app on your phone. Click on the icon in the lower left hand corner of your screen called ‘Maps.’ You will see a ‘+’ sign in the upper right of your screen.
- After you click on the ‘+’ sign, it will ask you where you want to grab the PDF file from. Enter the following address into the box titled “From the Web”: file.dnr.wa.gov/geo/elbetahoma.pdf
- The map will be copied into your app. This may take a moment depending on your connection speed.
- After the map is copied into the app, it will automatically load when you click on the ‘Maps’ icon. If you have your GPS turned on, it will automatically zoom to your position in the Elbe Hills and Tahoma state forests.
You can also purchase a printed version for $9 online or in person, between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m., from the Washington State Department of Printing, 7580 New Market Street St. SW, Tumwater, WA 98501.
|Follow DNR on:|