Want to navigate your favorite trails right from your smartphone? For the 12 Days of Geo Mapmas DNR brings to you 12 new georeferenced maps to help you explore DNR landscapes.
Use the free Avenza PDF Maps app to find your location as you enjoy hundreds of miles of trails within 12 DNR-managed landscapes. Even without cell service the maps will continue to work using your phone’s GPS chip. We suggest also having a backup printed map with you.
For the 12 days of Geo Mapmas, DNR brings to you:
- Elbe Hills and Tahoma state forests: file.dnr.wa.gov/geo/elbetahoma.pdf
- Little Pend Oreille: file.dnr.wa.gov/geo/lpo.pdf
- Yacolt Burn State Forest:
- Blanchard Forest Block: file.dnr.wa.gov/geo/blanchard.pdf
- Capitol State Forest: file.dnr.wa.gov/geo/capitol.pdf
- Walker Valley ORV Area: file.dnr.wa.gov/geo/walkervalley.pdf
- Green Mountain State Forest: file.dnr.wa.gov/geo/greenmtn.pdf
- Sadie Creek ORV Trail System: file.dnr.wa.gov/geo/sadiecreek.pdf
- Cypress Island: file.dnr.wa.gov/geo/cypress.pdf
- Buck Creek Trail System: file.dnr.wa.gov/geo/buckcreek.pdf
- Cattle Point: file.dnr.wa.gov/geo/cattlepoint.pdf
- Mount Si: file.dnr.wa.gov/geo/mtsi.pdf
Ready to give it a try? Follow the steps below:
- Download the free Avenza PDF Maps app to your phone.
- Open the app on your phone. Click on the icon in the lower left hand corner of your screen called ‘Maps.’ You will see a ‘+’ sign in the upper right of your screen.
- After you click on the ‘+’ sign, it will ask you where you want to grab the PDF file from. Enter or copy the preferred links above into the box titled “From the Web.”
- The map(s) will be copied into your app. This may take a moment depending on your connection speed. Pro tip: Do your data plan a favor and download when you have access to Wi-Fi.
- After the map is copied into the app, it will load when you click on the ‘Maps’ icon. If you have your GPS turned on, it will automatically zoom to your position in the applicable map.
You can also purchase a printed version of several of our maps, like the Elbe Hills and Tahoma State Forest Map and the Capitol State Forest Map, for $9 online or in person, between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m., from the Washington State Department of Printing, 7580 New Market Street St. SW, Tumwater, WA 98501. Otherwise, visit our website for trail maps you can download and print.
|Follow DNR on:|