After receiving more than 50 applicants for our Baker to Bellingham Recreation Planning Committee, we’ve made tough decisions and have chosen 17 volunteer members to guide development of our Baker to Bellingham Recreation Plan. We selected members based on their previous experience volunteering and planning, knowledge of the recreation planning area, and to represent the rich and diverse recreation opportunities that exist in Whatcom County.
We thank our new committee members, and all who applied, for being willing to dedicate their time and attention to this exciting effort.
- Ari Bezona of Bellingham, Mount Baker Motorcycle Club
- Arlen Bogaards of Deming, Washington Trails Association
- Becky Peace of Bellingham, North Cascades Soaring Club
- Bert Isaacson of Marysville, Northwest Quad Association, North Central ATV Club
- Bill Lawrence of Bellingham, Around the Sound Jeep Club
- Carole MacDonald of Maple Falls, Mount Baker Chamber of Commerce and Whatcom Tourism Board
- Dana Johnson of Lynden, Mount Baker Motorcycle Club
- Douglas Huddle of Bellingham, Citizens for Forest Roads
- Eric Brown of Bellingham, Whatcom Mountain Bike Coalition
- Eric Jacoby of Deming, the sportsmen community
- Glenn Gervais of Bellingham, Whatcom Mountain Bike Coalition
- Kevin Vanderhorst of Bellingham, Rainier Ridge Rams 4×4 Club
- Lance Hansen of Sedro-Woolley, Northwest Quad Association, Upper Skagit ORV Club
- Mark Harding of Bellingham, Bellingham Trail Running Club
- Mike McGlenn of Bellingham, Whatcom Chapter Back Country Horsemen
- Walden Haines of Bellingham, Whatcom Chapter Back Country Horsemen
- Wendy McDermott of Ferndale, American Rivers and American Whitewater
The first committee meeting is 6-9 p.m. Tuesday, March 8 at the Rome Grange Hall on Mount Baker Highway. The public is welcome to attend. To learn more, visit our project Web page.
|Follow DNR on:|