In preparation for summer, ORV riders, hikers, mountain bikers, and horseback riders are getting together in the Yacolt Burn State Forest for the 14th annual Pick up the Burn work party. In partnership with DNR, volunteers will be picking up litter and caring for the 90,000-acre forest’s campgrounds and trails.
Take a look at volunteer contributions from last year’s event with our video, below:
Want to get involved?
8 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday, May 7, 2016
Yacolt Burn State Forest
Meet at the Jones Creek ORV trailhead
- Start in Camas at junction with SR-14. Go N on SR-500 for 3.8 miles to Fern Prairie
- Turn right on NE 19th St. and go .8 miles.
- Turn right on NE Reilly Rd., which becomes NE 292 Ave. Go 1.9 miles.
- Turn right on NE Ireland Rd.
- Go .2 miles, turn left on NE Lessard Rd. At 2 miles, pavement ends.
- Continue on gravel road for 1.6 miles to trailhead.
For more information visit our event listing.
See our website to learn more about volunteering with DNR.
|Follow DNR on:|